Monday, January 27, 2014

Let It Go



 Letting go. Its one of the hardest things to do in life, but once we allow ourselves to move on from whatever it is that is holding us back, we are free. Something I have been trying to let go of is my ex. Well call him...Scott. Scott and I had been together for almost two years before we broke up. We broke up in 2012...its two years later and I still find it difficult to let go of the memories and move on with myself. Some days I think I have...then occasionally I will see him and it all floods back like new. For some reason guys make it look so easy to move on after a bad break up. How do they do that?? To me its almost an insult to everything we had. Dont get me wrong, I want nothing more than for him to find happiness and peace, and if its not with me then thats ok too. Now the challenge of letting go and moving on from him. Two years later and I feel like ive made no progress. So what do I do to create progress? As Iyanla Vanzant says, "You gotta Feel, Deal, then Heal and thats exactly what I am going to do. I felt the loss and pain of losing someone I loved, now I have to face the fact that hes gone and we wont be together in the future and deal with it. Once you deal with what is holding you back and you face it, the healing begins. I am ready for my healing to begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment