Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Some place I would rather be

 The farm. Its where I feel the most peace





The Farm. My grandparents own a farm out in Gainsville Mo. Its about two and a half hours away. When you turn left onto their driveway, your not actually in their drive way yet. Your at the top of the hill that leads to their drivway. Its a dirt road with gravel that you can hear crack underneath your tires. As you slowly make your way down you see a meadow on your right. once you reach the bottom of the hill, you cross the slab where the creek runs over. The creek is wonderful. Not very deep but good for fishing. Once you cross the slab, you can see their gravel drive way and their cars and the house. Out past the yard is a metal barn and past that is a field where my grandpa use to train kids in motorcross. Its pretty wide open with the woods surrounding the outside of it like a fence. There are a few trails that are near the house and one that I go on is behind the house. Its a step uphill walk surrounded by pine trees and oaks and acorn trees. Once you reach the top of the hill you can see the other hill that leads to the drive way. If you keep walking the trail, you start to smell something like cleaning stuff. It doesnt last long but it catches your attention.

Usually I dont listen to my ipod because the sound of nature does more for me than my music can. It is the sound of the wind blowing, the gravel crunching under my shoes, the leaves and sticks falling off trees. The sound of woodland creatures running through the forrest

I pass a lot of trees and thickets when I get off the trail to reach the falls. I end up getting scratched by thorns and branches. I have to hold onto trees and rocks so I can hoist myself down ravine sides

I smell the heat from the sun. The pine trees. I can smell clean fresh air! I can smell the water from the near by creek. Sometimes I smell food if the wind catches just right.

I taste my sweat. It gets pretty toasty in the woods on a hot day. I taste how dry my mouth is from running and not having any water. 


Once upon a time, in a land not so far away, there was a girl searching for adventure.
One day she found herself sitting in the house with nothing to do. She decided to go outside and explore the land. Unbeknownst to her of what she would end up finding.
She found a trail behind her house an followed it. It was a very steep hill and she grew tired quickly. Though despite her weary legs she kept hiking. When she finally reached the top she sat down in the grass. The girl suddenly could smell what seemed to be cleaning products, though there were non to be found. So she got back up and continued her way on the trail. She thought she heard movement so she stopped to examine her surroundings. Where she is it

No comments:

Post a Comment