Thursday, April 10, 2014

32 Day Commitment....Being Active

My 32 Day Commitment is for Spring 2014 to be more active. This commitment will begin any time I have a spare moment and especially at home. I have been wanting to be more active for a while and be healthier for myself, but there were always so many different excuses of why I was unable to. I know its not the most creative goal, but its one that is very important to me.

Action Plan


  • Stay motivated. Remind myself that is goal is what I really want, and that I will be happier when I can make it an every day routine
  • Understand that the change wont happen over night and try to not be overwhelmed by the lack of immediate results
  • Keep it new and exciting by doing different types of activities like hiking, push ups, running, swimming, etc.
Day 1 Wednesday 4/9/14

Okay, so I took the first day a bit slow. I did a lot of walking at school and took the stairs every chance I got. When I got to work later that evening, I did a lot of standing and more walking. That was really it, I am hoping to increase the amount of activity over the next couple of days.

Day 2 Thursday 4/10/14

Played with my dogs today (soccer is the number one choice for my german shepard) then played the kinect for about an hour. (Kinect is an interactive gaming device that allows you to be active while playing your favorite games) My legs are very sore from the amount of jumping and squats I did. No pain, no gain!...Right?

1 comment:

  1. This is a very creative goal! There are millions of things you can do to be active, especially considering...dare I say it...Spring has finally sprung! I applaud you for setting a goal that is meaningful for you! Although I chose a different 32-day challenge, I am right there with you wanting to be more active! We started moving a few weeks ago, so my goal is to get completely moved and have everything put away during this challenge. My Kinect is still in a box, possibly in my closet. You have inspired me to break it out of the box and get my butt moving again! Good luck!

    -Jennifer

    ReplyDelete