Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Fear


Fear. A simple four letter word that opens a door into the darkest corners of your mind. Fear doesnt always have to involve the monsters under your bed or even the demons in your head. There are different types of fears. Fear of clowns, fear of losing somebody you love, fear of losing a job or failing a class. What do I fear? Well as of late my grandfather has been sick, and has been making arrangements. He even had a heart to heart with me about how much time he didn't have left on earth. My grandfather is not an emotional kind of man. So for him to tell me that he feels he is dying was really hard to hear. The thought of not having him around for much longer scares me. I feel I still have so much more to learn from him. I don't have a lot of time to see him these days. Between work and school its hard for me to make it out there to see them. I'm trying to make plans to go during spring break, so hopefully that will work out. Fear is a powerful emotion. It has a connection to almost every other emotion that we as humans feel. Fear can lead to anger, which can lead to sadness. Sometimes I actually laugh when im scared or nervous. Its a defense mechanism that allows me to understand that ok this is happening. Fear can also give us the push we need to do something or try something that we weren't sure we could do. I remember one time I went with a group of people to whats called The Barn Swings. I cant remember where it was, all I know is that it burned down a while ago. When we went there was this big noose looking swing that was hanging there, but the climb up was really high. We had to get on this really sketchy platform, and they would harness us into the noose. I was so terrified that I was sure I could make the jump. My knees were trembling, when suddenly they pushed us, and we were free falling! Its absolutely the most adrenaline pumping, terrifying thing ive done, but in the end it was so much fun! Fear can do some crazy things

No comments:

Post a Comment