Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Mufasa


In my previous post I had mentioned how I felt there was still so much I had yet to learn from my grandfather. The best way for me to describe him would be to compare him to Mufasa from the lion king. Just without as much emotion. I have an enormous amount of respect for this man. I'm not sure how ill react when I hear the news eventually. I know my mother will be distraught for a while and ill have to be strong for her. Which is fine, I can handle that. His lectures usually aren't planned. If the man feels like he needs you to hear something, you're going to hear it whether you want to or not. When I was younger I didn't want to, but now that i'm older I yurn for it. To hear all the wise words that he has for me. Its inspiring and saddening. Although I feel like even after hes gone he will still have some kind of lesson for me to learn. Kind of like the scene in the lion king where simba is all grown up and his fathers appearance is shaped through the clouds, and simba is told to remember who he is and where he came from. I tend to picture it like that once he goes. Maybe it makes it easier to cope with the thought of losing him. Either way, I still have him for the time being, and I need to make the best of it. Its stupid to prepare the loss of someone whose still here. He wouldn't want me to do this. I will celebrate his life and his teachings before and after the loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment