Friday, January 31, 2014

What if...

 What if the sky fell or the moon exploded.
 What if Batman was real!
 What if one day ill meet Joe Jonas
 What if one day im famous
 What if me and my ex got back together
 What if people could breath under water
 What if the sun wasn't really that hot
 What if the earths core wasn't lava but chocolate.
 What if superheros were real
 What if my date doesn't go very well
 What if I trip over something today
 What if I never get married
 What if rain was actually angel tears.
 What if we had no light
 What if we could erase certain memories
 What if we could control time
 What if we really could be anything
 What if life was like a disney movie
 What if animals could talk
 What if we had rewind button
 What if we could take back what we say
 What if life was really like a box of chocolates
 What if we could paint with all the colors of the wind.

What if superheros existed? What if every time you were in danger, this man or woman just appeared out of no where and rescued you. Its a fun thought. I use to always believe Batman and Gotham City were real. Of course I was only ten. When I got older and discovered that the world isn't filled with superheros, I was sad. We have plenty of villains so why not superheros? I know in terms of speaking there are fire fighters and police officers and they in their own right are heroes, but im talking about Superman, Batman, Flash, Hulk, Thor, Spiderman, etc.. Wouldn't it be nice if every time our car broke down, or any time we got lost, a superhero would come to save our day? Imagine what the world would be like! I'm not saying that some criminal mastermind would try to take over the world all the time, but if for one day our city had a true hero...It would be amazing and exciting. Unfortunately our life is not a comic book series. The only thing real life has that a comic book has, are villains. People who do bad things for no reason other than their personal gain or to create chaos and destruction. If regular people attempt to be vigilantes then they are the ones who go to prison as well as the criminals they are trying to stop.  Its fair but at the same time its not. If every regular person took the law into  their own hands, imagine that chaos. Wouldn't be good, but its nice to pretend that superheros exist, or that their are extraordinaire people like Buffy Summers walking around, even mutants. I think it gives us hope to think that something amazing and wonderful is out there hiding somewhere.
 


What if we could erase personal memories? It could be any memory. Maybe a bad experience, or maybe memories from a previous relationship. If you had the power to erase personal memories, would you ever do it? I think even the bad memories are something most people want to keep, granted we push them away into corners of the mind, but they were a learning experience. Its good to remember the good and the bad parts of life. If we only wanted the good then what happens if we were to just keep repeating those bad mistakes or even just mistakes that made us feel bad. We need memories that we would rather not have. I'm sure I have plenty that I would like to get rid of, but at the same time, if I had the option im not sure id do it.. I want to remember my experiences, the good and the bad. Those memories make me who I am today. Id hate to repeat the same mistakes just because I chose to forget them. Repeating history usually always ends badly. If you don't know your past, you wont have a future.






No comments:

Post a Comment